While there are many myths surrounding any president, and even more surrounding the birth of Obama- there are also some fun- lesser known facts about the 44th President that help remind us he’s a human being. Again- I didn’t vote for him nor do I find him to be a great President, but I’m also an adult and know he’s got a heart and is a human being that God loves. Reading random facts about him has actually helped remind me of these things so I wanted to share them with you.
1. He has a passionate dislike for all things Ice Cream..I actually appreciate this lol! I’m also not a fan of ice cream, and I often feel like a loner when everyone is freaking out over ice cream treats. To know that such a smart man hates ice cream as well, oddly comforts me.
2. Obama has read every single Harry Potter Book
Ok this is just rad. He’s been pretty busy the past few years and even in his schooling years he attended some pretty intense institutions- yet he made time to read Harry Potter. This is by far the coolest thing to me. I think if anyone makes time for reading, especially when they are as busy as the President is- it’s a good sign
3. He won’t watch news channels.
I’m pretty sure we cant blame him on this one. The news can be pretty brutal and if I were him, I would do the same. Sports is all about sports and team work and improving and yeah, you go with your bad self Obama.
4. He’s left handed.
I like this one because I’m left handed as well and there’s a bit of a family feeling among all lefties. My iron buddy Michael is a lefty and we believe lefties are totally discriminated against and I think we need to start a movement. I mean really- the tiny college desk with the arm rest on the right side??? Thanks for that. Or how about all the spiral notebooks- with the spine on the left side. You try writing with your hand on one of those! Or cars with stick shifts. Cups with sayings or pictures but the handle is on the right- so you can’t even see the picture. Don’t even get me started on measuring liquid cups.
5. He hates the trend of saggy pants below the butt.
I think we are with you there President. Nothing makes someone look more lame and suspicious. In fact that trend started in prison because inmates couldn’t have belts so their pants would fall down. Way to embrace an embarrassing trend all you pants sagging folk.
6. His favorite drink is a black ice tea.
I love myself some tea, and love this is Not an alcoholic beverage, but tea. Sweet, awesome tea.
7. He was a superstar for his basketball team in high school.
I wasn’t too bad myself when it came to basketball- but I didn’t have a nickname the bomber like he did. He must have been rad.
8. His favorite artist is Picasso- like a boss.
He’s a man of taste and class- I appreciate that as well!! I like Picasso, not bad Mr. President, not bad.
9. He won a Grammy as well! He narrated the book he wrote about his Dad, and I guess he did a pretty good job. I’ll have to check it out!
SO there you have it folks- he’s got interests and passions and likes and d